Safe Use Oxygen/Fuel Cutting Course Details
The course teaches candidates to understand, reduce and eliminate the risk involved in using the tools and to be aware of safe systems of work as well as a control measure.
Recent changes to guidance from HSE has classified cutting and welding fumes as a known carcinogenic.
For this reason, all attendees attending this course are required to bring:
- Ori-Nasal tight-fitting face mask complete with ABEK1 filter and a copy of the associate face fit test
- Alternatively, bring with them their powered air respirator system such as 3M Versaflow or equivalent
- Safety Boots
- Flame Retardant Overalls
- Goggles (Shade 5 and clear)
This Course Covers:
- Health and Safety legislation
- Simple risk assessment
- Safe working
- Confined Spaces
This course requires candidates to be clean-shaven to ensure the correct fitting of PPE equipment.
Who should attend
- All experienced operatives involved in the use of Oxygen/Fuel Cutting Equipment within the Demolition Industry.
- Those with little or no experience will require assessment by the trainer to identify the extent of the training required.
Course assessment and certification