Asbestos Awareness Course Details
Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that any worker who has the potential to disturb asbestos during their everyday activities or those supervising these employees get the most accurate and up-to-date information and training. Appropriate training will ensure that individuals can work competently without putting themselves or others at risk of exposure to asbestos.
Asbestos Awareness training is intended to give workers and supervisors all the information necessary to ensure that they avoid any work that could potentially cause a disturbance to asbestos. If a worker is going to carry out activities that require removal or disposal of asbestos-containing materials, they will require further training which can be provided through NDTG.
Asbestos Awareness covers:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on the body
- The increased risk of developing lung cancer after exposure to asbestos-containing materials
- The types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos and asbestos-containing materials in buildings and plant
- Procedures to help in an emergency, e.g unexpected exposure to asbestos dust
- How to avoid the risk of being exposed to asbestos
Who should attend
All individuals who have the potential to come across asbestos or asbestos containing materials during their day-to-day work activities.
Course assessment and certification
Candidates will sit a multiple-choice questionnaire at the end of the course. Successful completion will result in an award of an NDTG certificate.