£1000 + VAT
NON-MEMBER: £1300 + VAT
CLOCS: Site Access Traffic Marshal (SATM) Details
Site Access Traffic Marshals (SATMs) stationed at the site entrance are the primary and critical interface between the site, fleet operations and the public. They ensure only authorised vehicles and people enter the site, while also ensuring vehicles entering and leaving the site do so safely and efficiently.
SATMs are critical to the implementation of the CLOCS Standard. Competent SATMs are recognised by progressive contractors as essential members of the team as they improve site efficiency and productivity. CLOCS SATMs are equipped with specific skills, attitudes, and have the confidence to effectively implement CLOCS at the gate.
The SATM course covers the role of the traffic marshal, HSE data as well as the following:
- Traffic Management Hazards
- Safe Vehicles
- Hand signals
- Stop-Works Board
- Emergency Situations
As this is a bespoke course, delivered at your premises, please contact NDTG on 01442 217 144 (Option 2) for dates.
Due to the nature of this course, suitable PPE for Operatives, a suitable vehicle and a classroom/meeting area will be required - full details below:
- Full high vis – Jackets/shirt, hard hat, and boots.
- Gloves – ideally dual colour (traffigloves)
- Vehicle larger than 3.5t and driver (required for approximately 1.5 hours in afternoon).
- A FORS silver or gold registered vehicle automatically complies to the CLOCS standard so this would be ideal.
- However a FORS bronze vehicle can be used for the course or a vehicle that has suitable mirrors, cameras and side under-run protection.
- Outside area (yard or site) suitable for the vehicle provided.
- Classroom area (ideally with tv/monitor that connects to laptop via Bluetooth).
- (Please advise if this is not available so the trainer can bring a monitor.)
Who should attend
Up to 6 Demolition Operatives (any CCDO level) looking to become qualified as Site Access Traffic Marshals (SATMs).
Course assessment and certification
Participants will be issued with a dual CLOCS / NDTG certificate by the NDTG and added to the CLOCS Accredited Site Access Traffic Marshal Register.