Employees who are in good physical and mental health will be more engaged, more motivated more productive, more resilient, less prone to absenteeism or presenteeism (which includes improved individual output) and more likely to stay with the business.
Additionally, studies showing that improved employee wellbeing results in improved workplace performance which in turn significantly benefits the bottom line of businesses.
NFDC Mental Health Awareness Workshop (For Managers)
This half-day workshop is an introductory session for managers specifically designed to raise awareness of Mental Health and furthermore provide managers with the confidence to support a colleague who may be experiencing Mental Health issues.
Now that the Construction Industry has ‘Started the Conversation’, it is vital that managers have the skills to listen and respond accordingly to the early warning signs of poor Mental Health, thus enabling them to provide timely and proactive support.
Delegates attending this half-day workshop will gain;
- An understanding of what mental health is, it’s prevalence and the stigma associated with it
- A summary of some of the common mental health problems and potential causes of mental ill-health both at home and work
- Understanding of the common signs and symptoms to be aware of both with colleagues and oneself
- The confidence to start the conversation and support colleagues when addressing mental health problems including areas to think about in improving Mental Health
- Information on how to signpost resources and access professional support
- Certified 3 hours of CPD
HOW TO BOOK:
Two free of charge places are available for NFDC Corporate Members and course dates are scheduled on-demand nationwide. If you’d like to run these courses in-house, our experienced trainers will come to you. For more information or to book places on this valuable workshop, contact NDTG today on 01442 217 144 (Option 2) or email: email@example.com
NFDC Wellbeing Ambassadors Workshop
This full-day workshop is designed to be delivered to a nominated Wellbeing Ambassador. The role of the ambassador is to lead the Wellbeing strategy and support & promote good Mental Health & Wellbeing amongst employees.
The morning session will provide ambassadors with the same training as that of managers who attend the Mental Health Awareness Workshop, with an additional focus on the following three main areas;
- Resilience building strategies
- Science-based and scientifically validated self-regulation tools and techniques to reduce stress, increase energy levels and improve health and wellbeing
- Delivery of a Mental Health Awareness Toolbox Talk to Start the Conversation
- Delegates on this full day course will gain certified 6 hours of CPD.
HOW TO BOOK:
If you’d like to run these courses in-house, our experienced trainers will come to you. For more information or to book places on this valuable workshop, contact NDTG today on 01442 217 144 (Option 2) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org