Non‑Licensed Asbestos Removal Course Details
Asbestos continues to be a threat to both individuals working in demolition and the public, who may not be aware of its existence in locations everywhere from schools to government buildings to housing.
The Non-Licensed Asbestos Awareness course trains candidates with the skills to identify the possible locations of Asbestos along with the knowledge of what to do in the event of an Asbestos discovery. It ensures that individuals who may come into contact with asbestos during their everyday work are knowledgeable about safe working practices around its removal. The course also provides candidates with a broad knowledge of applicable legislation.
- The History of Asbestos
- Health Hazards
- Recognition of Asbestos and Asbestos based materials
- Where Asbestos may be found
- Action / Control Limits
- Personal Protective Equipment & Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Methods of Removal for non-licensed asbestos materials
- Types of Asbestos that may be removed by a non-licensed contractor
This course requires candidates to be clean-shaven to ensure the correct fitting of PPE equipment.
Who should attend
- This course is for anyone requiring training in the safe removal of Non-licensable Asbestos Materials. The course combines classroom-based theory and hands-on practical training.
- Those wishing to attend this course need to have already achieved the Asbestos Awareness certificate within the last 12 months.
Course assessment and certification