£500 ex VAT
NON-MEMBER: £650 ex VAT
Temporary Works Co‑ordinator Course Details
Temporary works are usually safety and business-critical and require careful coordination. An accepted way of achieving this is through the adoption of the management process outlined in BS5975, which introduces the temporary works co-ordinator (TWC) as a key figure. This course explains the role and the overall management context within which it sits (CITB Scheme Rules).
The contents of the course include:
- an exploration of relevant legislation and best practice as outlined by BS5975
- consideration of the nature of temporary works and associated risks; analysis of failures
- the use of a case study to illustrate aspects of the role
Swanton Consulting Ltd is an approved Training Provider on behalf of CITB-Construction Skills for this course.
Who should attend
This two-day course is designed to assist those on site who have responsibility for managing all forms of temporary works’ (CITB Scheme Rules).
- The course is aimed at those who have been nominated by their company to act as temporary works co-ordinator. These individuals will have either engineering qualifications or site experience of temporary works, or both.
- The course is also relevant to those who have been nominated to act as temporary works supervisors and who may, in due course, act as temporary works co-ordinators.
Course assessment and certification
This course is assessed by multiple-choice questions at the end of the second day as well as the delegate being expected to be interactive during the course. A certificate will be issued by CITB on successful completion of this course.